Friday, October 1, 2010

The popular Pop Tart!

Finally a recipe easier than that Thomas Keller one! Geeze! I know at this point doing a Home Made Pop-Tart post is sorta like doing a Whoopie Pie or Cupcake post, but there's a reason these things are so popular. A delicious reason.





FUN FACT: mine were delicious, but credit has to go to the jams I used, which, alas, weren't home made. I had a really nice Zinfandel jelly I got at Christmas, which was pretty thin, so I layered the strawberries on that one. It still ended up running out of the pop tarts while baking, so definitely try to stick to thicker Jams or Marmalades (it was STILL delicious, just sticky).
The other flavor was a Lavender Mixed Berry jam from Fairywood Thicket, a vendor at my local farmers market. SO GOOD.

Homemade Pop-Tarts on Foodista

6 comments:

  1. YES. SO MUCH YES. Everyone should make them, they're crazy delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great. Who has time to put together a meal with numbers and measurements? The best food is stuff that's tossed together and tastes friggin' delicious anyway without all that prep-claptrap. Props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna be your roommate so bad right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is the second recipe today I have come across for pop tarts, I think the baker Gods are telling me something and I better go and bake some pop tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative way to show how to make pop tarts!I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget at the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, yum. I want to have a homemade Pop-Tart party now.

    ReplyDelete