Friday, September 24, 2010

The simplest Thomas Keller recipe ever. Ever.

So simple I made a comic about it. After a long, hungry day at work, for whatever reason, I came home, saw what we had that had to be used up, and decided to make something that I wouldn’t be able to eat until the next day. Whatever, it’s totally worth it.








This is totally sloppy and rushed, but I really would like to start doing posts in comic-format. It’s a great drawing excercise, and gives me an excuse to draw things I love. This first one was mostly a challenge to myself to just sit down and draw it all out in one go. Comics like this are usually fun and have unexpected results, as I went in without a script or plan, just sat down and thougt it out panel by panel.

Doing this always leaves the possibilty that I may have left something out. I really do recommend you try making these though, because they’re amazing. They taste like a really good french fry, but it’s the texture that’s crazy. Imagine if you had puff pastry, only made of POTATOES. God yes. I recommend going crazy with flavors as well. Keller recommends frying the Pave’s with a couple sprigs of Thyme (yum) and crushed garlic (YUM), which I tried the first time I made this, and really just ended up scorching the hell out of the thyme and garlic while getting little flavor from them. I’d suggest adding just a little seasoning while your layering the potatoes.

Anyway, for a much clearer demonstration of the recipe, you can see a video of Keller himself cooking this on Martha Stewart! Yay Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment